How To Apply For A Grant
Step 1: Determine if your organization is eligible
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be:
- Designated as a nonprofit, tax exempt "charitable organization" (without private foundation status) or a school or public agency
- Conducting programs within our focus areas. Learn more about our focus areas
- Located in our geographic funding area
- Current on all reports due to the Foundation for any previous grants
Step 2: Complete a grant application and assemble the necessary attachments
- Complete the Common Grant Application Form
- Complete the Common Grant Application Checklist
- Additional information required as listed on the Common Grant Application Checklist
- Supporting materials submitted as part of your grant application cannot be returned.
- Please do not submit any materials for which you do not have a copy.
- Please do not submit your grant application in a binder or folder.
- Faxed applications are not accepted.
- The Foundation does not accept DVDs, CDs or videotapes.
Step 3: Submit your completed grant application (complete with all attachments detailed in Step 2)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org (If possible, please email one scanned document in PDF format)
- By mail: Monterey Peninsula Foundation
Attention: Grant Programs
1 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Bldg. 3, Ste. 100
Monterey, CA 93940
- In person: at the address above, please call (831-649-1533) before coming to the office to ensure someone is present to accept your grant application.