How To Apply For A Grant
Step 1: Determine if your organization is eligible
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be:
- Classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service (without private foundation status), school, university, or public agency.
- Conducting programs within our focus areas. Learn more about our focus areas
- Located in our geographic funding area
- Current on all reports due to the Foundation for any previous grants
Step 2: Submit a complete grant application with the necessary attachments
- Applicants must create an online portal log-in to have access to Grant Applications and Grant Reports
- For guidance on how to navigate the new online portal, please download the Online Portal Guide.
- Complete the Grant Application through the online portal.
- Grantees must submit a Grant Report within one year of the grant's award date (and before a new grant application will be considered) accessible by logging in to the online portal. (The primary contact's email address from the original grant application is assigned a Grant Report; therefore the primary contact should log-in to the portal to complete the Grant Report.) For guidance on how to navigate the online portal, please download the Online Portal Guide at www.montereypeninsulafoundation.org, click on "Apply For A Grant."